As it is observed scientifically, there is something which helps reduce weight when people visit saunas regularly. But the reason of sauna benefits for weight loss are not very commonly understood. The increasing popularity of the steam saunas and infrared saunas has proved that apart from giving a relaxing effect to the body, they also help you sweat and get rid of the unwanted wastes beneath the skin. But there is a particular way in which this heat helps you release your wastes. Mentioned below are a few pros as well as cons of the sauna effect on weight loss.
Sauna for Weight Loss
- In case of the infrared saunas, the object or the people in the sauna experience heat, i.e., they are supplied with dry heat.
- When you sweat, you actually release the salts which are deposited under your skin, and these salts have a very important role to play in the weight of your body.
- It is not that saunas help in melting the fat in your body and therefore, you lose weight. But when you put on extra weight, there is a considerable amount of salt which is deposited under the skin too.
- This deposition under the skin needs to be non-toxic and thus there is a need of water retention. Therefore, there is a great consumption of water to fulfill this requirement and hence, you put on more weight (which is actually water weight and not fat weight).
- Now, what the sauna does, is it increases your body temperature and helps you get rid of this water weight including the salt by making you sweat.
- Thus, when you say that, sauna benefits for weight loss are due to burning of fat, it is wrong, it is actually due to the dehydration of the unnecessary water weight and detoxification from the toxic salts. This is why they are helpful in weight loss.