The news and opinion website was launched Monday and called ‘The Blaze’.
Beck said that ‘The Blaze’ will be “a place where you can find breaking news, original reporting, insightful opinions and engaging videos about the stories that matter most.”
As was reported, last year Glenn Beck had earned $32 million through a mix of radio, TV, books, digital media and also for speaking fees.
Scott Baker is appointed the editor of The Blaze, who was formerly of Breitbart TV. He told Mediate that the site plans “news and information… commentary and opinion stories we’re interested in that are being under-covered or not covered.”
Beck said he was frustrated with the way the media covered his “Restoring Honor” rally this weekend.
“Too many times we see mainstream media outlets distorting facts to fit rigid agendas.” – that’s what he reported on his new website.
“Not that you’ve ever heard me complain about the media before. Okay, maybe once or twice. But there comes a time when you have to stop complaining and do something. And so we decided to hire some actual journalists to launch a new website.”
Beck also added that the website “will be about current news — and more. It’s not just politics and policy. It’s looking for insight wherever we find it. We’ll examine our culture, deal with matters of faith and family, and we won’t be afraid of a history lesson.”
The name of the site was occurred not accidently – “The image of flame is a powerful,” – he said.
“It has long stood for a burning truth. A truth, that is not consumed. The Blaze will pursue truth. Of course we will make mistakes. Honest mistakes. And we’ll be quick with corrections. We intend to earn your trust and keep it day in and day out with hard work and a lot of transparency.”